Dependency resolution of Postgres driver

Dependency resolution of Postgres driver

Brian Topping
Howdy,

I noticed today as I was setting up HS for the first time in a while that the dependency on the PostgreSQL driver is somewhat suboptimal.  It currently reads as

<dependency>
  <groupId>postgresql</groupId>
  <artifactId>postgresql</artifactId>
    <scope>provided</scope>
  <version>[8.1-407.jdbc3,)</version>
</dependency>

when I believe it should read

<dependency>
  <groupId>postgresql</groupId>
  <artifactId>postgresql</artifactId>
    <scope>provided</scope>
    <classifier>jdbc3</classifier>
  <version>[8.1-407,)</version>
</dependency>

I believe this is important because the dependency specifies a version range, and Maven may have trouble calculating the range without the classifier being isolated from the version.

Hope that helps, thanks for a great library!!

Brian

Re: Dependency resolution of Postgres driver

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the tip. I'll change it in trunk.

Karel