Hibernate Spatial + Oracle Locator

BROOKBANK Matthew

Hi

    I'm working on a project that uses Oracle 11g Enterprise.  We are hoping to make use of Oracle Locator for storing geospatial types via Hibernate Spatial, but we need to be careful that we don't use any of the Oracle Spatial features. Oracle Spatial features are included as part of the standard installation, but require additional licences ($$$) for use. The spatial functions you are allowed/not allowed to call under the Oracle Locator licence are listed here:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/appdev.112/e11830/sdo_locator.htm#SPATL340

I've had a quick look through the Oracle Dialect source and there are a few references to Oracle Spatial functions, such as SDO_AGGR_UNION in org.hibernate.spatial.dialect.oracle.SpatialAggregate.

Is there an easy way we can avoid triggering these functions?

Thanks

Matt Brookbank

Re: Hibernate Spatial + Oracle Locator

Hi Matt,

There is nothing explicitly foreseen to avoid non-Locator functions.

My suggestion would be to use Hibernate Logging to verify that the code doesn’t invokes only allowed functions.