Hibernate Spatial and H2 + GeoDB

Coquelicot-2
Karel, all,

I noticed new artefact on Hibernate Spatial repository - support for
H2 + GeoDB. As it is not included in 'regular' downloads, can you tell
me what is the status of this dialect? it would be perfect for me to
employ it in testing (embedded H2 database used as a backend would be
perfect!) but right now I am stuck at trying to get the Hibernate
generate the database schema using the SchemaExport class and I keep
getting errors: Hibernate tool claims that GeoDBDialect does not map
the JDBC SQL type 2002 (which is java.sql.Type.ARRAY, I believe).

Best regards,

Lukasz

Re: Hibernate Spatial and H2 + GeoDB

Hi Lukasz,

It is now included in the regular downloads. Yesterday evening I updated the documentation to this effect.  I still had to announce it on the list, you beat me to it :-)

The H2 GeoDB provider has been submitted by Geodan. They also wrote a short tutorial on how to use it for integration testing. You can find it here:  http://www.hibernatespatial.org/hibernate-spatial-h2-geodb/tutorial-integration-testing.html

This may help solve your problem, but if the persists, let us know.

On 11 Aug 2010, at 15:30, Coquelicot wrote:

> Karel, all,
>
> I noticed new artefact on Hibernate Spatial repository - support for
> H2 + GeoDB. As it is not included in 'regular' downloads, can you tell
> me what is the status of this dialect? it would be perfect for me to
> employ it in testing (embedded H2 database used as a backend would be
> perfect!) but right now I am stuck at trying to get the Hibernate
> generate the database schema using the SchemaExport class and I keep
> getting errors: Hibernate tool claims that GeoDBDialect does not map
> the JDBC SQL type 2002 (which is java.sql.Type.ARRAY, I believe).
>
> Best regards,
>
> Lukasz

Re: Hibernate Spatial and H2 + GeoDB

Jan Boonen
Hi Lukasz,

Just for clarity, did you resolve the issue with SQL array type, or is
it an omission in the H2 GeoDB dialect? If so, can you send me more
information (e.g. a stack trace) so that I can fix this issue.

Cheers,

Jan