Quantcast

Hibernate Spatial with Hibernate 3.6 and Mysql InnoDB

12

Hibernate Spatial with Hibernate 3.6 and Mysql InnoDB

kannata
Hi, first of all congratulations for this useful library. I use hibernate 3.6 and mysql with innodb engine. There are two problems: 1) java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.hibernate.type.CustomType.  (Ljava / lang / Class; Ljava / util / Properties;) V at org.hibernatespatial.GeometryUserType. <clinit (GeometryUserType.java: 61);
2) I absolutely have to use InnoDB tables with mysql, but I read that there is no proper dialect.

How can I map a Point or LineString field?
Can you help me? Thanks a lot..

Antonio

Re: Hibernate Spatial with Hibernate 3.6 and Mysql InnoDB

Brice
Innodb does not support spatial columns. You have to use myisam tables.

Le 9 mars 2011 à 15:12, Antonio Cannata <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hi, first of all congratulations for this useful library. I use hibernate 3.6 and mysql with innodb engine. There are two problems: 1) java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.hibernate.type.CustomType.  (Ljava / lang / Class; Ljava / util / Properties;) V at org.hibernatespatial.GeometryUserType. <clinit (GeometryUserType.java: 61);
> 2) I absolutely have to use InnoDB tables with mysql, but I read that there is no proper dialect.
>
> How can I map a Point or LineString field?
> Can you help me? Thanks a lot..
>
> Antonio

Re: Hibernate Spatial with Hibernate 3.6 and Mysql InnoDB

kannata
Sorry but this is not true.
"Innodb tables support spatial data types, but not indexes on them". (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/innodb-restrictions.html).

Can someone help me?

2011/3/9 Brice Leporini <[hidden email]>
Innodb does not support spatial columns. You have to use myisam tables.

Le 9 mars 2011 à 15:12, Antonio Cannata <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hi, first of all congratulations for this useful library. I use hibernate 3.6 and mysql with innodb engine. There are two problems: 1) java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.hibernate.type.CustomType.  (Ljava / lang / Class; Ljava / util / Properties;) V at org.hibernatespatial.GeometryUserType. <clinit (GeometryUserType.java: 61);
> 2) I absolutely have to use InnoDB tables with mysql, but I read that there is no proper dialect.
>
> How can I map a Point or LineString field?
> Can you help me? Thanks a lot..
>
> Antonio

Dott. Antonio Cannata

Net Service S.r.l.
Sede legale      Corso Italia n° 172
Sede Operativa   Via Nuovalucello 47/G
95100 Catania
Tel. 0957335040
Fax 095222875

Re: Hibernate Spatial with Hibernate 3.6 and Mysql InnoDB

Brice
Sorry for the confusion.

Le 9 mars 2011 à 15:35, Antonio Cannata <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Sorry but this is not true.
"Innodb tables support spatial data types, but not indexes on them". (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/innodb-restrictions.html).

Can someone help me?

2011/3/9 Brice Leporini <[hidden email]>
Innodb does not support spatial columns. You have to use myisam tables.

Le 9 mars 2011 à 15:12, Antonio Cannata <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hi, first of all congratulations for this useful library. I use hibernate 3.6 and mysql with innodb engine. There are two problems: 1) java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.hibernate.type.CustomType.  (Ljava / lang / Class; Ljava / util / Properties;) V at org.hibernatespatial.GeometryUserType. <clinit (GeometryUserType.java: 61);
> 2) I absolutely have to use InnoDB tables with mysql, but I read that there is no proper dialect.
>
> How can I map a Point or LineString field?
> Can you help me? Thanks a lot..
>
> Antonio

Dott. Antonio Cannata

Net Service S.r.l.
Sede legale      Corso Italia n° 172
Sede Operativa   Via Nuovalucello 47/G
95100 Catania
Tel. 0957335040
Fax 095222875

Re: Hibernate Spatial with Hibernate 3.6 and Mysql InnoDB

Boni Gopalan (BioImagene)

Could you post the whole stack trace?  I gather this is at the time of an entity bean creation that you are getting this error.  Hibernate 3.5 does have the missing constructor.

http://docs.jboss.org/hibernate/core/3.5/api/org/hibernate/type/CustomType.html.  I am not sure whether 3.6 has it.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5940 (20110309) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5940 (20110309) __________

http://www.eset.com

Re: Hibernate Spatial with Hibernate 3.6and Mysql InnoDB

Boni Gopalan (BioImagene)

Just as I suspected.  Here is the CustomType documentation for Hibernate 3.6, http://docs.jboss.org/hibernate/core/3.6/javadocs/org/hibernate/type/CustomType.html

It does not have the constructor hibernate-spatial is looking for.  It wouldn’t be difficult to patch it  though.

Could you post the whole stack trace?  I gather this is at the time of an entity bean creation that you are getting this error.  Hibernate 3.5 does have the missing constructor.

http://docs.jboss.org/hibernate/core/3.5/api/org/hibernate/type/CustomType.html.  I am not sure whether 3.6 has it.

2011/3/9 Brice Leporini <[hidden email]>

Innodb does not support spatial columns. You have to use myisam tables.

Le 9 mars 2011 à 15:12, Antonio Cannata <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hi, first of all congratulations for this useful library. I use hibernate 3.6 and mysql with innodb engine. There are two problems: 1) java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.hibernate.type.CustomType.  (Ljava / lang / Class; Ljava / util / Properties;) V at org.hibernatespatial.GeometryUserType. <clinit (GeometryUserType.java: 61);
> 2) I absolutely have to use InnoDB tables with mysql, but I read that there is no proper dialect.
>
> How can I map a Point or LineString field?
> Can you help me? Thanks a lot..
>
> Antonio

Dott. Antonio Cannata

Net Service S.r.l.
Sede legale      Corso Italia n° 172
Sede Operativa   Via Nuovalucello 47/G
95100 Catania
Tel. 0957335040
Fax 095222875

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5940 (20110309) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5940 (20110309) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5940 (20110309) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5940 (20110309) __________

http://www.eset.com

Re: Hibernate Spatial with Hibernate 3.6and Mysql InnoDB

kannata
Thanks Boni.
Ok I should use hibernate 3.5 to solve the first problem.
But what about the second problem?
I am forced to use innodb tables.

Here is my dialect in hibernate.cgf.xml file:
<property name="dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.MySQL5InnoDBDialect</property>

And in my entity,using annotations, I use:

@Type(type = "org.hibernatespatial.mysql.MySQLGeometryUserType")
@Column(name="Location", columnDefinition="point")
public Point getLocation() {
    return Location;
}

When I try to persist an entity, it seems to work.
I just want to store points and linestring fields.
Can I still use that dialect (MySQL5InnoDBDialect)?

Thanks...

Re: Hibernate Spatial with Hibernate3.6and Mysql InnoDB

Boni Gopalan (BioImagene)
The dialect you need to use is
org.hibernatespatial.mysql.MySQLSpatialDialect

The @Type also needs correction.  As a minor note, it will be a good
idea to use location rather than Location as a variable name since the
former will be a more standard coding convention.

@Type(type = "org.hibernatespatial.GeometryUserType")
@Column(name="Location", columnDefinition="point")
public Point getLocation() {
    return Location;
}

Thanks
boni

Re: Hibernate Spatial with Hibernate3.6and Mysql InnoDB

kannata
The MySQLSpatialDialect extends the vanilla MySQLDialect and therefore only supports the MyISAM tables.

For me this is a problem. I must use InnoDB tables.
Furthermore, InnoDB tables support spatial data types.
MySQL 5.1 Reference Manual

Re: Hibernate Spatial with Hibernate3.6andMysql InnoDB

Boni Gopalan (BioImagene)
That indeed is a bit tricky situation.  I do not think you can use the
standards Hibernate Spatial Library without any modifications.  I
checked the trunk code.  At the bare minimum it will require refactoring
of MySQLSpatialDialect class and then introducing a
MySQLInnoDBSpatialDialect class that uses MySQLSpatialDialect as a
delegate of sort to do the required plumbing.  I can provide a patch,
but would first wait for Karel's thoughts.

Thanks
boni

The MySQLSpatialDialect extends the vanilla MySQLDialect and therefore
only
supports the MyISAM tables.

For me this is a problem. I must use InnoDB tables.
Furthermore, InnoDB tables support spatial data types.
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/innodb-restrictions.html MySQL
5.1
Reference Manual

l-users

signature database 5941 (20110310) __________

http://www.eset.com

signature database 5941 (20110310) __________

http://www.eset.com

Re: Hibernate Spatial with Hibernate3.6andMysql InnoDB

kannata
I will appreciate a patch.
I need it really..
However, at this time, I can successfully store Point field using MySQL5InnoDBDialect.
Thanks Boni.

Re: Hibernate Spatial with Hibernate3.6andMysql InnoDB

Hi all,
There is long-standing issue for this in the JIRA: http://www.hibernatespatial.org/jira/browse/HIBSPA-6

Refactoring to a delegate is a good idea. A patch would be appreciated, so I can work from that (you can attach it to the JIRA issue). I hope I can count on some help on testing.

Btw, Hibernate 1.1 is almost ready and is compatible with Hibernate 3.6.

On 10 Mar 2011, at 11:59, Boni Gopalan (BioImagene) wrote:

> That indeed is a bit tricky situation.  I do not think you can use the
> standards Hibernate Spatial Library without any modifications.  I
> checked the trunk code.  At the bare minimum it will require refactoring
> of MySQLSpatialDialect class and then introducing a
> MySQLInnoDBSpatialDialect class that uses MySQLSpatialDialect as a
> delegate of sort to do the required plumbing.  I can provide a patch,
> but would first wait for Karel's thoughts.
>
> Thanks
> boni

Thanks Karel.
When Spatial 1.1 will be released?
I will help you on testing the new MySQLInnoDBSpatialDialect.
How long do you think will it take?

Thanks again...

On 10 Mar 2011, at 14:58, kannata wrote:

> Thanks Karel.
> When Spatial 1.1 will be released?

As soon as ready :-) Seriously, though I just need to finish up documentation, but it might take a couple of weeks (depending on the load on my paid work).
> I will help you on testing the new MySQLInnoDBSpatialDialect.
> How long do you think will it take?

Great! It shouldn't take long. Who is going to provide the first patch? You or Boni?

Re: Hibernate Spatial withHibernate3.6andMysql InnoDB

Boni Gopalan (BioImagene)
I will. Later in the day.

On 10 Mar 2011, at 14:58, kannata wrote:

> Thanks Karel.
> When Spatial 1.1 will be released?

As soon as ready :-) Seriously, though I just need to finish up
documentation, but it might take a couple of weeks (depending on the
load on my paid work).
> I will help you on testing the new MySQLInnoDBSpatialDialect.
> How long do you think will it take?

Great! It shouldn't take long. Who is going to provide the first patch?
You or Boni?

l-users

signature database 5941 (20110310) __________

http://www.eset.com

signature database 5941 (20110310) __________

http://www.eset.com

Re: Hibernate Spatial withHibernate3.6andMysql InnoDB

Boni Gopalan (BioImagene)
I have submitted the patch through JIRA.  But please note that I am
unable to run the testsuite because of some configuration problem.  I
did not have enough time to understand the pom and set it up correctly.
What I did was to build the whole project and then go to test-suite
module to run tests with appropriate profile (-Pmysql or -Pmysqlinnodb
[new profile]).  Both these failed with the same error.  I suspect some
stupidity on my side.

The patch is created at trunk level.

Thanks
boni

There is long-standing issue for this in the JIRA:
http://www.hibernatespatial.org/jira/browse/HIBSPA-6

Refactoring to a delegate is a good idea. A patch would be appreciated,
so I can work from that (you can attach it to the JIRA issue). I hope I
can count on some help on testing.

Btw, Hibernate 1.1 is almost ready and is compatible with Hibernate 3.6.

On 10 Mar 2011, at 11:59, Boni Gopalan (BioImagene) wrote:

> That indeed is a bit tricky situation.  I do not think you can use the
> standards Hibernate Spatial Library without any modifications.  I
> checked the trunk code.  At the bare minimum it will require
refactoring

> of MySQLSpatialDialect class and then introducing a
> MySQLInnoDBSpatialDialect class that uses MySQLSpatialDialect as a
> delegate of sort to do the required plumbing.  I can provide a patch,
> but would first wait for Karel's thoughts.
>
> Thanks
> boni

l-users

signature database 5943 (20110310) __________

http://www.eset.com

signature database 5943 (20110310) __________

http://www.eset.com

Re: Hibernate Spatial withHibernate3.6andMysql InnoDB

kannata
Hi all. When the new mysqlinnodbspatial dialect will be ready, I'll test it immediately.
Let me know when I can do it.

Thank you very much.
kannata

Re: Hibernate Spatial withHibernate3.6andMysql InnoDB

Boni Gopalan (BioImagene)

You can download the patch from the JIRA Link and apply it on the trunk, if you want.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5944 (20110311) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5944 (20110311) __________

http://www.eset.com

Re: Hibernate Spatial withHibernate3.6andMysql InnoDB

I applied Boni's patch. It's a good solution, and it passes all my integration tests. Thank you, Boni.

Kannata, you'll need to check out sources from trunk and build it (cd to maven-spatial-maven, and to mvn install). If you have problems, let me know.

On 11 Mar 2011, at 17:05, Boni Gopalan (BioImagene) wrote:

> You can download the patch from the JIRA Link and apply it on the trunk, if you want.

.. Forgot to mention. The version in trunk requires Hibernate 3.6...

Karel

On 12 Mar 2011, at 17:02, Karel Maesen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I applied Boni's patch. It's a good solution, and it passes all my integration tests. Thank you, Boni.
>
> Kannata, you'll need to check out sources from trunk and build it (cd to maven-spatial-maven, and to mvn install). If you have problems, let me know.
>
> Regards,
>
> Karel
> On 11 Mar 2011, at 17:05, Boni Gopalan (BioImagene) wrote:
>
>> You can download the patch from the JIRA Link and apply it on the trunk, if you want.

12