I just released Hibernate Spatial 1.0 - our first major release.
Besides numerous improvements, this version also adds support for
Microsft SQL Server 2008.
Release Notes - Hibernate Spatial - Version 1.0
* [HIBSPA-25] - Storing valid MultiPolygon with holes leads to
invalid Geometry in Database
* [HIBSPA-26] - Change warning message to info when no
configuration file is found.
* [HIBSPA-29] - Invalid connection exceptions in SDO_GEOMETRY
class when using OCI driver
* [HIBSPA-31] - String Geometry collection fails with ORA-29875:
failed in the execution of the ODCIINDEXINSERT routine
* [HIBSPA-33] - GeometryUserType implement Serializable
* [HIBSPA-34] - SDOGeometryType and OracleSpatial10gDialect
* [HIBSPA-35] - Nullpointer exception thrown by EventLocator
* [HIBSPA-36] - EventLocator doesn't set SRID on result
* [HIBSPA-37] - Parse Exception when trying to store empty
* [HIBSPA-38] - Thread-safety issue in WKBReader
* [HIBSPA-40] - Change scope of database drives to provided in
* [HIBSPA-42] - getMaxM() returns -Infinity on a valid
* [HIBSPA-43] - documentation on parametrized type is incorrect
* [HIBSPA-45] - NPE in GeometryUserType.java ; dialect not
* [HIBSPA-51] - Typo in GeometryType function
* [HIBSPA-5] - Oracle provider generates slow SQL queries.
* [HIBSPA-17] - Restructure unit testing framework
* [HIBSPA-20] - Create source code artifacts for easy reference
* [HIBSPA-27] - Do not assume the JDBC Resultset contains oracle
STRUCTS for geometry objects
* [HIBSPA-28] - Switch to slf4j so HS uses same logging approach
* [HIBSPA-30] - Dialect extends depracated dialect
* [HIBSPA-41] - The repositories tag structure given at the link
http://www.hibernatespatial.org/mavenquick.html has a bug.
* [HIBSPA-48] - Better dependency management
** New Feature
* [HIBSPA-22] - Hibernate Spatial needs to provide a Type object
for the GeometryUserType class.
* [HIBSPA-44] - Create provider for Sqlserver 2008 geometry type
* [HIBSPA-47] - update all dependencies to latest stable version