JTS Geometry and Coordinate Sequence Factories Code Example?

JTS Geometry and Coordinate Sequence Factories Code Example?

JPHespanha
Dear All,

I am about to conclude my PhD research on the development of cadastral
systems, and I have managed to complete a small implementation test on
the Eclipse platform, using a Eclipse Modelling Framework Code Generator
to get Java classes from an Ecore Model.
I have a preliminary schema generated in a PostgreSQL/PostGIS data base,
through the corresponding facility in Hibernate Tools. This part of the
work has used Hibernate-spatial in order to generate a geometry column
in the designated table.

My current research platform lies on an Ubuntu machine, with a
configuration as follows:

Eclipse v.3.5.2
EMF v.2.5.0
Hibernate Tools v.3.2.4
Hibernate-spatial v.1.0 M2
PostgreSQL v.8.3.8
PostGIS v.1.3.5

My request is for any plain (POJO) Java code examples which use the JTS
CoordinateSequence and the GeometryFactory classes, in order to specify
a Geometry object (I will use a MultiLineString in the test). In
particular, I would like to establish a PrecisionModel and a SRID other
than the default.

I know this is a rather involved request, for most of the examples I
have seen so far simply use the WKTReader to define the Geometry in the
Java domain.

But any hints or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. And yes, I
keep my intention to report the final results through a tutorial on how
to setup an Eclipse EMF project with Hibernate-spatial.

Kind Regards,
João Paulo Hespanha

Re: JTS Geometry and Coordinate Sequence Factories Code Example?

Mª®k
just a hint, but the GeoTools code may have some examples for you