Re: Digest for geodb@googlegroups.com - 3 Messages in 1 Topic

Coquelicot-2
Justin, all,

(I'm cc:ing this message also over to the Hibernate Spatial mailing list)

I have managed to overcome Hibernate's schema generation problem by
specifying SQL type of my geometry column in Hibernate mapping file.
Looking at the example below, the one I used looks like:

<property name="spatialGeographicReferenceBox"
type="org.hibernatespatial.GeometryUserType">
  <column name="spatialGeographicReferenceBox" sql-type="BLOB"/>
</property>

This made it possible to generate the schema and then use it when
creating the database; I tested both inserting and querying the
spatial column and it seems to be working. So until the issue of
generating the schema with GeoDBDialect in Hibernate Spatial is fixed,
this solution can be used instead when you want to automatically
generate the schema from Hibernate mapping files.

I hope that clears up some things. Big thanks for that extension to
H2/GeoDB, it should help in our testing procedure!

Lukasz