Trying to figure out how things work

wadijm
Hi all,
       I'm building an app that uses hibernatespatial + jpa + spring. I
configured the persistence.xml to use PostgisDialect but when I try to
run a query like following

entityManager.createQuery(
select e from PolygonEntity e where within(e.polygon, :mycoordinate)
).setParameter('mycoordinate',coordinate).getResultList();

where coordinate is a com.vividsolutions.jts.geom.Point.

I'm getting  org.hibernate.hql.ast.QuerySyntaxException: unexpected AST
node .... Does hibernate spatial work with JPA in queries like this?Or I
just have to use pure hibernate with criterias and stuffs?
Any hel would be appreciatted,
Thanks in advance,
Ernest

__________ Información de ESET Smart Security, versión de la base de firmas de virus 4851 (20100209) __________

ESET Smart Security ha comprobado este mensaje.

http://www.eset.com

Re: Trying to figure out how things work

Farrukh Najmi

Not sure about the details of your query but I can confirm that
hibernatespatial + jpa + spring does work with spatial queries.

On 02/09/2010 10:12 AM, Wadi Jalil Maluf wrote:

> Hi all,
>         I'm building an app that uses hibernatespatial + jpa + spring. I
> configured the persistence.xml to use PostgisDialect but when I try to
> run a query like following
>
> entityManager.createQuery(
> select e from PolygonEntity e where within(e.polygon, :mycoordinate)
> ).setParameter('mycoordinate',coordinate).getResultList();
>
> where coordinate is a com.vividsolutions.jts.geom.Point.
>
> I'm getting  org.hibernate.hql.ast.QuerySyntaxException: unexpected AST
> node .... Does hibernate spatial work with JPA in queries like this?Or I
> just have to use pure hibernate with criterias and stuffs?
> Any hel would be appreciatted,
> Thanks in advance,

Farrukh

Web: http://www.wellfleetsoftware.com

Re: Trying to figure out how things work

Farrukh Najmi

In situations like this it helps to turn on logging for hibernate to
trace level (gives a lot of stuff so you may want to be more selective
once you figure out which package you want to see traces from)

On 02/09/2010 11:15 AM, Farrukh Najmi wrote:

> Not sure about the details of your query but I can confirm that
> hibernatespatial + jpa + spring does work with spatial queries.
>
> On 02/09/2010 10:12 AM, Wadi Jalil Maluf wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>          I'm building an app that uses hibernatespatial + jpa + spring. I
>> configured the persistence.xml to use PostgisDialect but when I try to
>> run a query like following
>>
>> entityManager.createQuery(
>> select e from PolygonEntity e where within(e.polygon, :mycoordinate)
>> ).setParameter('mycoordinate',coordinate).getResultList();
>>
>> where coordinate is a com.vividsolutions.jts.geom.Point.
>>
>> I'm getting  org.hibernate.hql.ast.QuerySyntaxException: unexpected AST
>> node .... Does hibernate spatial work with JPA in queries like this?Or I
>> just have to use pure hibernate with criterias and stuffs?
>> Any hel would be appreciatted,
>> Thanks in advance,

Farrukh

Web: http://www.wellfleetsoftware.com

Re: Trying to figure out how things work

Could you post the complete stack trace so that I can see what's
going on?

On 09 Feb 2010, at 16:12, Wadi Jalil Maluf wrote:

> Hi all,
>        I'm building an app that uses hibernatespatial + jpa +
> spring. I
> configured the persistence.xml to use PostgisDialect but when I try to
> run a query like following
>
> entityManager.createQuery(
> select e from PolygonEntity e where within(e.polygon, :mycoordinate)
> ).setParameter('mycoordinate',coordinate).getResultList();
>
> where coordinate is a com.vividsolutions.jts.geom.Point.
>
> I'm getting  org.hibernate.hql.ast.QuerySyntaxException: unexpected
> AST
> node .... Does hibernate spatial work with JPA in queries like this?
> Or I
> just have to use pure hibernate with criterias and stuffs?
> Any hel would be appreciatted,
> Thanks in advance,
> Ernest
>

> __________ Información de ESET Smart Security, versión de la base
> de firmas de virus 4851 (20100209) __________
>
> ESET Smart Security ha comprobado este mensaje.
>
> http://www.eset.com

Re: Trying to figure out how things work

wadijm

Farrukh,
             First of all, thank you very very much for your quick and
useful response. I would like to know, if possible, if the query is
correct. On the other hand,my configuration in Spring is as following:

<bean id="entityManagerFactory"

class="org.springframework.orm.jpa.LocalContainerEntityManagerFactoryBean">
        <property name="dataSource" ref="dataSource" />
        <property name="jpaProperties">
            <value>

hibernate.dialect=org.hibernatespatial.postgis.PostgisDialect
        </value>
        </property>
        <property name="jpaVendorAdapter">
            <bean
class="org.springframework.orm.jpa.vendor.HibernateJpaVendorAdapter">
                <property name="database" value="HSQL" />
                <property name="showSql" value="true" />
            </bean>
        </property>
    </bean>

And I also specified the dialect on the persistence.xml.

Karel, the complete stacktrace is the following:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
org.hibernate.hql.ast.QuerySyntaxException: unexpected AST node: ( near
line 1, column 182 [from ar.com.logicstar.domain.AlarmaGeocerca a where
a.idEmpresa = :empresa  and a.activa = true and ( :posicionable in
elements(a.posicionables) or a.paraTodos = true ) and
within(a.geocerca,:punto) ]
        at
org.hibernate.ejb.AbstractEntityManagerImpl.throwPersistenceException(AbstractEntityManagerImpl.java:624)
        at
org.hibernate.ejb.AbstractEntityManagerImpl.createQuery(AbstractEntityManagerImpl.java:96)
        at
        at
        at
org.springframework.orm.jpa.SharedEntityManagerCreator$SharedEntityManagerInvocationHandler.invoke(SharedEntityManagerCreator.java:198)
        at $Proxy145.createQuery(Unknown Source)
        at
ar.com.logicstar.domain.service.AlarmaServiceImpl.findAlarmasGeocerca(AlarmaServiceImpl.java:97)
        at
ar.com.logicstar.domain.service.AlarmaServiceImpl.procesarAlarmas(AlarmaServiceImpl.java:78)
        at
        at
        at
org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:307)
        at
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:182)
        at
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:149)
        at
org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:106)
        at
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
        at
org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)
        at $Proxy146.procesarAlarmas(Unknown Source)
        at
ar.com.logicstar.domain.service.ComunicacionServiceImpl.procesarMensajeRecibido(ComunicacionServiceImpl.java:102)
[...]
        at $Proxy149.procesarMensajeRecibido(Unknown Source)
        at
ar.com.logicstar.domain.service.GprsStrategyImpl$1.process(GprsStrategyImpl.java:57)
        at
ar.com.logicstar.domain.service.GprsStrategyImpl$1.process(GprsStrategyImpl.java:47)
        at ar.com.logicstar.com.Consumer.run(Consumer.java:59)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: org.hibernate.hql.ast.QuerySyntaxException: unexpected AST
node: ( near line 1, column 182 [from
es.com.logicstar.domain.AlarmaGeocerca a where a.idEmpresa = :empresa
and a.activa = true and ( :posicionable in elements(a.posicionables) or
a.poryHacer = true )  and   within(a.geocerca,:punto) ]
        at
org.hibernate.hql.ast.QuerySyntaxException.convert(QuerySyntaxException.java:31)
        at
org.hibernate.hql.ast.QuerySyntaxException.convert(QuerySyntaxException.java:24)
        at
org.hibernate.hql.ast.ErrorCounter.throwQueryException(ErrorCounter.java:59)
        at
org.hibernate.hql.ast.QueryTranslatorImpl.analyze(QueryTranslatorImpl.java:235)
        at
org.hibernate.hql.ast.QueryTranslatorImpl.doCompile(QueryTranslatorImpl.java:160)
        at
org.hibernate.hql.ast.QueryTranslatorImpl.compile(QueryTranslatorImpl.java:111)
        at
org.hibernate.engine.query.HQLQueryPlan.<init>(HQLQueryPlan.java:77)
        at
org.hibernate.engine.query.HQLQueryPlan.<init>(HQLQueryPlan.java:56)
        at
org.hibernate.engine.query.QueryPlanCache.getHQLQueryPlan(QueryPlanCache.java:72)
        at
org.hibernate.impl.AbstractSessionImpl.getHQLQueryPlan(AbstractSessionImpl.java:133)
        at
org.hibernate.impl.AbstractSessionImpl.createQuery(AbstractSessionImpl.java:112)
        at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.createQuery(SessionImpl.java:1623)
        at
org.hibernate.ejb.AbstractEntityManagerImpl.createQuery(AbstractEntityManagerImpl.java:93)
        ... 35 more

The query isn't like the one I send it before but similar,
Thank you all again for your help,
Ernest

Farrukh Najmi escribió:

> In situations like this it helps to turn on logging for hibernate to
> trace level (gives a lot of stuff so you may want to be more selective
> once you figure out which package you want to see traces from)
>
> On 02/09/2010 11:15 AM, Farrukh Najmi wrote:
>
>> Not sure about the details of your query but I can confirm that
>> hibernatespatial + jpa + spring does work with spatial queries.
>>
>> On 02/09/2010 10:12 AM, Wadi Jalil Maluf wrote:
>>

>>> Hi all,
>>>          I'm building an app that uses hibernatespatial + jpa + spring. I
>>> configured the persistence.xml to use PostgisDialect but when I try to
>>> run a query like following
>>>
>>> entityManager.createQuery(
>>> select e from PolygonEntity e where within(e.polygon, :mycoordinate)
>>> ).setParameter('mycoordinate',coordinate).getResultList();
>>>
>>> where coordinate is a com.vividsolutions.jts.geom.Point.
>>>
>>> I'm getting  org.hibernate.hql.ast.QuerySyntaxException: unexpected AST
>>> node .... Does hibernate spatial work with JPA in queries like this?Or I
>>> just have to use pure hibernate with criterias and stuffs?
>>> Any hel would be appreciatted,
>>> Thanks in advance,

__________ Información de ESET Smart Security, versión de la base de firmas de virus 4851 (20100209) __________

ESET Smart Security ha comprobado este mensaje.

http://www.eset.com

Re: Trying to figure out how things work

Robert Anderson-2
Try this:

entityManager.createQuery(
select e from PolygonEntity e where within(e.polygon, :mycoordinate) = true
).setParameter('mycoordinate',
coordinate).getResultList();

Robert Anderson Nogueira de Oliveira
_________________________
MSN: [hidden email]

"Ausência de evidência não é evidência de ausência." (Carl Sagan)

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 1:35 PM, Karel Maesen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Could you post the complete stack trace so that I can see what's
going on?

On 09 Feb 2010, at 16:12, Wadi Jalil Maluf wrote:

> Hi all,
>        I'm building an app that uses hibernatespatial + jpa +
> spring. I
> configured the persistence.xml to use PostgisDialect but when I try to
> run a query like following
>
> entityManager.createQuery(
> select e from PolygonEntity e where within(e.polygon, :mycoordinate)
> ).setParameter('mycoordinate',coordinate).getResultList();
>
> where coordinate is a com.vividsolutions.jts.geom.Point.
>
> I'm getting  org.hibernate.hql.ast.QuerySyntaxException: unexpected
> AST
> node .... Does hibernate spatial work with JPA in queries like this?
> Or I
> just have to use pure hibernate with criterias and stuffs?
> Any hel would be appreciatted,
> Thanks in advance,
> Ernest
>

> __________ Información de ESET Smart Security, versión de la base
> de firmas de virus 4851 (20100209) __________
>
> ESET Smart Security ha comprobado este mensaje.
>
> http://www.eset.com

Re: Trying to figure out how things work

wadijm
Hi Robert,
                I reinstalled Netbeans cause my installation was
corrupted, so it started throwing "dialect not found" exceptions.After
rearringing my classpath (postgis dialect first on the stack) and with a
clean instalation on netbeans I added your modification,
 but now I get the following error:

javax.persistence.PersistenceException:
org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException: could not execute query
        at
org.hibernate.ejb.AbstractEntityManagerImpl.throwPersistenceException(AbstractEntityManagerImpl.java:637)
        at org.hibernate.ejb.QueryImpl.getResultList(QueryImpl.java:74)
        at
ar.com.logicstar.domain.service.AlarmaServiceImpl.procesarAlarmaGeocerca(AlarmaServiceImpl.java:114)
[...]
        at $Proxy51.procesarAlarmas(Unknown Source)
        at
ar.com.logicstar.domain.service.ComunicacionServiceImpl.procesarMensajeRecibido(ComunicacionServiceImpl.java:99)
[...]
        at $Proxy54.procesarMensajeRecibido(Unknown Source)
        at
ar.com.logicstar.domain.service.GprsStrategyImpl$1.process(GprsStrategyImpl.java:57)
        at
ar.com.logicstar.domain.service.GprsStrategyImpl$1.process(GprsStrategyImpl.java:47)
        at ar.com.logicstar.com.Consumer.run(Consumer.java:59)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException: could not
execute query
        at
org.hibernate.exception.SQLStateConverter.handledNonSpecificException(SQLStateConverter.java:103)
        at
org.hibernate.exception.SQLStateConverter.convert(SQLStateConverter.java:91)
        at
org.hibernate.exception.JDBCExceptionHelper.convert(JDBCExceptionHelper.java:43)
        at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doList(Loader.java:2223)
        at
org.hibernate.loader.Loader.listIgnoreQueryCache(Loader.java:2104)
        at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.list(Loader.java:2099)
        at org.hibernate.loader.hql.QueryLoader.list(QueryLoader.java:378)
        at
org.hibernate.hql.ast.QueryTranslatorImpl.list(QueryTranslatorImpl.java:338)
        at
org.hibernate.engine.query.HQLQueryPlan.performList(HQLQueryPlan.java:172)
        at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.list(SessionImpl.java:1121)
        at org.hibernate.impl.QueryImpl.list(QueryImpl.java:79)
        at org.hibernate.ejb.QueryImpl.getResultList(QueryImpl.java:65)
        ... 29 more
Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: parse error -
invalid geometry
        at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1592)
        at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1327)
        at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:192)
        at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:451)
        at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:350)
        at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeQuery(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:254)
        at
org.hibernate.jdbc.AbstractBatcher.getResultSet(AbstractBatcher.java:186)
        at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.getResultSet(Loader.java:1787)
        at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doQuery(Loader.java:674)
        at
org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doQueryAndInitializeNonLazyCollections(Loader.java:236)
        at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doList(Loader.java:2220)
        ... 37 more

I'm trying to see if a Point is inside a Polygon so I'm doing
within(a.mypolygon,:mypoint) = true
Any help would be appreciated,(one more little question, why I have to
do within(...)=true? instead of just using within?)
Thank you all again,
Ernest

Robert Anderson escribió:

> [...]
>     > ESET Smart Security ha comprobado este mensaje.
>     >
>     > http://www.eset.com
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     > hibernatespatial-users mailing list
>     > [hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     > http://www.hibernatespatial.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/
>     > hibernatespatial-users

> __________ Información de ESET Smart Security, versión de la base de firmas de virus 4852 (20100209) __________
>
> ESET Smart Security ha comprobado este mensaje.
>
> http://www.eset.com

__________ Información de ESET Smart Security, versión de la base de firmas de virus 4852 (20100209) __________

ESET Smart Security ha comprobado este mensaje.

http://www.eset.com

Re: Trying to figure out how things work

Ok, finally get it working with this workaround
http://n2.nabble.com/Finding-features-that-intersect-a-bounding-box-with-Hibernate-Entity-Manager-td1141054.html
but if someone knows a more fancy way avoiding this would be great.
Thanks to all again,
Ernest
Wadi Jalil Maluf escribió:

> [...]
>>     > hibernatespatial-users

>> __________ Información de ESET Smart Security, versión de la base de firmas de virus 4852 (20100209) __________
>>
>> ESET Smart Security ha comprobado este mensaje.
>>
>> http://www.eset.com
>>

> __________ Información de ESET Smart Security, versión de la base de firmas de virus 4852 (20100209) __________
>
> ESET Smart Security ha comprobado este mensaje.
>
> http://www.eset.com

> __________ Información de ESET Smart Security, versión de la base de firmas de virus 4852 (20100209) __________
>
> ESET Smart Security ha comprobado este mensaje.
>
> http://www.eset.com

__________ Información de ESET Smart Security, versión de la base de firmas de virus 4852 (20100209) __________

ESET Smart Security ha comprobado este mensaje.

http://www.eset.com

Re: Trying to figure out how things work

If that work-around helps, i think it's because it is by-passing
Hibernate Spatial completely.

If you want to give this another shot,  could you show the Hibenate
(or JPA) mapping for your POJO? Are you able to read objects from the
database, and access the Geometry attributes when not doing a spatial
query?

On 10 Feb 2010, at 04:00, Wadi Jalil Maluf wrote:

> [...]
>>>

>>> __________ Información de ESET Smart Security, versión de la base
>>> de firmas de virus 4852 (20100209) __________
>>>
>>> ESET Smart Security ha comprobado este mensaje.
>>>
>>> http://www.eset.com
>>>

>> __________ Información de ESET Smart Security, versión de la base
>> de firmas de virus 4852 (20100209) __________
>>
>> ESET Smart Security ha comprobado este mensaje.
>>
>> http://www.eset.com

>> hibernatespatial-users
>>
>> __________ Información de ESET Smart Security, versión de la base
>> de firmas de virus 4852 (20100209) __________
>>
>> ESET Smart Security ha comprobado este mensaje.
>>
>> http://www.eset.com
>>

> __________ Información de ESET Smart Security, versión de la base
> de firmas de virus 4852 (20100209) __________
>
> ESET Smart Security ha comprobado este mensaje.
>
> http://www.eset.com

Re: Trying to figure out how things work

Karel,
         Thanks for your response. I'm able to read the spatial data
retrieving it from database, the mapping is as follows:

public class Alarm{
     @Column
    @IgnoreProperty //this is so it doesnt get serialized when
retrieveing from webservices
    @Type(type="org.hibernatespatial.GeometryUserType")
    @XmlTransient //this is because if dont I get a exception, dont
remember which one(i think I cant read any spatial data if I remove this)
    public Polygon getGeocerc() {
        return geocerc;
    }
}

public class Position{
     @Column
    @IgnoreProperty
    @XmlTransient
    @Type(type="org.hibernatespatial.GeometryUserType")
    public Point getLastLocation() {
        return lastLocation;
    }
}

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Ernest

Karel Maesen escribió:

> [...]
>>>
>>> __________ Información de ESET Smart Security, versión de la base
>>> de firmas de virus 4852 (20100209) __________
>>>
>>> ESET Smart Security ha comprobado este mensaje.
>>>
>>> http://www.eset.com
>>>

>> __________ Información de ESET Smart Security, versión de la base
>> de firmas de virus 4852 (20100209) __________
>>
>> ESET Smart Security ha comprobado este mensaje.
>>
>> http://www.eset.com

>> hibernatespatial-users

> __________ Información de ESET Smart Security, versión de la base de firmas de virus 4853 (20100210) __________
>
> ESET Smart Security ha comprobado este mensaje.
>
> http://www.eset.com

__________ Información de ESET Smart Security, versión de la base de firmas de virus 4853 (20100210) __________

ESET Smart Security ha comprobado este mensaje.

http://www.eset.com

Re: Trying to figure out how things work

Ernest,

OK, so you don't have a problem with your setup, or mapping file.

I guess the problem is that Hibernate can't verify whether the type
of 'coordinate' (the filter geometry) is appropriate.

You should try to change the code along the lines of this example
(it's actually from the tutorial):

Type geometryType = new CustomType(GeometryUserType.class, null);
  q.setParameter(0, coordinate, geometryType);

This will make Hibernate use the coordinate object as an instance of
GeometryUserType.

Btw, should the order of parameters not be inversed? First the point,
then the polygon?

On 10 Feb 2010, at 13:32, Wadi Jalil Maluf wrote:

> Karel,
>          Thanks for your response. I'm able to read the spatial data
> retrieving it from database, the mapping is as follows:
>
> public class Alarm{
>      @Column
>     @IgnoreProperty //this is so it doesnt get serialized when
> retrieveing from webservices
>     @Type(type="org.hibernatespatial.GeometryUserType")
>     @XmlTransient //this is because if dont I get a exception, dont
> remember which one(i think I cant read any spatial data if I remove
> this)
>     public Polygon getGeocerc() {
>         return geocerc;
>     }
> }
>

> public class Position{
>      @Column
>     @IgnoreProperty
>     @XmlTransient
>     @Type(type="org.hibernatespatial.GeometryUserType")
>     public Point getLastLocation() {
>         return lastLocation;
>     }
> }
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Regards,
> Ernest
>

> Karel Maesen escribió:
>> If that work-around helps, i think it's because it is by-passing
>> Hibernate Spatial completely.
>>
>> If you want to give this another shot,  could you show the Hibenate
>> (or JPA) mapping for your POJO? Are you able to read objects from the
>> database, and access the Geometry attributes when not doing a spatial
>> query?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Karel
>>

>> On 10 Feb 2010, at 04:00, Wadi Jalil Maluf wrote:
>>

>>> Ok, finally get it working with this workaround
>>> http://n2.nabble.com/Finding-features-that-intersect-a-bounding-box-
>>> with-Hibernate-Entity-Manager-td1141054.html
>>> but if someone knows a more fancy way avoiding this would be great.
>>> Thanks to all again,
>>> Ernest

>>> __________ Información de ESET Smart Security, versión de la base
>>> de firmas de virus 4852 (20100209) __________
>>>
>>> ESET Smart Security ha comprobado este mensaje.
>>>
>>> http://www.eset.com

>>> hibernatespatial-users

>> hibernatespatial-users
>>
>> __________ Información de ESET Smart Security, versión de la base
>> de firmas de virus 4853 (20100210) __________
>>
>> ESET Smart Security ha comprobado este mensaje.
>>
>> http://www.eset.com
>>

> __________ Información de ESET Smart Security, versión de la base
> de firmas de virus 4853 (20100210) __________
>
> ESET Smart Security ha comprobado este mensaje.
>
> http://www.eset.com

Re: Trying to figure out how things work

wadijm
Hi Karel,
             Yes the order of parameters where wrong, it should go first
the point then te polygon.I changed the code as you showed me, and it
works the same way. I'll use it this way, if someone knows about a demo
project or pom to download with all configurations to check what's wrong
in my project I'll apreciate it.
Thanks again Karel,
Ernest