Units for distances for various dialects in Hibernate Spatial,

Units for distances for various dialects in Hibernate Spatial,

Coquelicot-2
I'm trying to figure out how to use units in spatial queries (HQL) for various Hibernate Spatial dialects. It seems that different dialects are using different units (PostGIS dialect is calling ST_Distance(geometry, geometry) which returns the Cartesian distance in projected units (I guess it depends on SRID used?); Oracle is doing it differently - and GeoDB update 0.6-SNAPSHOT (patch sent earlier to the mailing list) uses 'central angle degrees'.

Is there a way to unify the way the distances are being handled? via a API call from the main Hibernate Spatial code?

best regards,

Lukasz