problem getting oracle connection from DefaultConnectionFinder

problem getting oracle connection from DefaultConnectionFinder

John Cartwright
Hello All,

I'm trying to use the hibernate spatial oracle provider (v.1.1.1) in
Grails (2.0.3) and getting the following exception:

 FinderException occurred when processing request: [GET] /multibeam/file
Tried retrieving OracleConnection from
org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDataSource.PoolGuardConnectionWrapper
using method getDelegate, but received null.. Stacktrace follows:
Message: Tried retrieving OracleConnection from
org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDataSource.PoolGuardConnectionWrapper
using method getDelegate, but received null.
   Line | Method
->>  70 | find            in org.hibernatespatial.oracle.DefaultConnectionFinder

It appears to me that the DefaultConnectionFinder is not able to
unwrap the OracleConnection from the connection pool. Has anyone else
seen this?  I'm assuming that I'll need to provide a custom
implementation of the ConnectionFinder interface.

Any suggestions on how to best go about this?

Thanks!

--john

Re: problem getting oracle connection from DefaultConnectionFinder

pmgmendes
Hi John,

You need to identify what's the type of the connection pool providing the connections so that you can implement the DefaultConnectionFinder accordingly. Or try using the default implementation by putting the commons-dbcp and commons-pool APIs in your classpath and make sure that the connections are being provided by a datasource of type javax.sql.DataSource.

best,
Pedro.